Today marks National Running Day. Didn’t know this day existed before getting submersed in the culture. Here’s a short quiz posted on many blogs and my coinciding answers.
1. On average how many races do you run a year? Aiming for 5-7
2. Head accessories, things you have to run with: a hat, a visor, sunglasses, chapstick, sunscreen, head band, ponytail, braids, sweat band? A hat. Sunglasses sometimes but I don’t like the tint of my el-cheapo sunglasses.
3. Where do your workouts come from? A training plan, a coach, whatever you feel like doing that day or what your training partner is doing that day? In the past the Hal Higdon Marathon Training Plan. Now that I finally bought a Garmin (610) I’m using the incorporated plans on GarminConnect.com)
4. How many miles on average do you put on a pair of shoes? . Last pair was probably nearing 700. Going to be a little more vigilant with this pair.
5. Cell phone= do you bring it with you on your run or leave it at home? Typically bring it with me for the music. Spotify it is.
6. What was your last running related injury or have you been an injury free runner? Thus far injury-free….oww…what was that?
7. Is your current running goal about running a farther distance (adding more mileage) or getting faster or BOTH?!? Speed focused at this point. But the distance numbers seem more rewarding and easier to obtain.
8. Speedwork—-> at the track, on the treadmill, on the roads or never do it? Treadmill typically.
9. Stretching after a run: hit the ground after a run and get stretching, stretch in the shower, stretch once you get to work/school, skip the stretching? Unfortunately, skip the stretching.
10. What was your reason(S) for starting to run? To strengthen discipline, willpower, lose weight, accomplishment, healthy hobby, increase fitness and eat gel-like pastes.